• Fr Kevin Devine, who pastored english-speaking pilgrims at Medjugorje for many years, died in New York on March 25. He was 90 and served as a priest for 65 years which included 31 years service as chaplain to the United States Army. RIP.
March 27, 2021
“The Lord’s feet are very touching for me”
• “Kissing the feet of the Crucified Christ always gives hope. He knows what it means to walk and He knows all about quarantine because they put two nails there to keep Him there. Jesus’s feet are a compass for people’s lives, when to walk and when to stand still. The Lord’s feet are very touching for me…”.
Pope Francis reflecting on the Urbi et Orbi prayer service of March 27, 2020. More details at this link.
March 26, 2021
Mary’s Meals grows to feed 1.8 million children
• Mary's Meals has announced growth in its charitable work to feed more than 1.8 million children a year. The Mary’s Meals charity, which provides meals during the school day, has expanded to reach more than 1.8 million children, with 171,792 new children added since the beginning of 2020 alone. More details at this link.
March 25, 2021
Prophet of Hope and Poet of Mercy
• Pope Francis has released an Apostolic Letter entitled ‘Candor lucis aeternae’ marking the 700th anniversary of the death of the great Italian poet, Dante Alighieri. It highlights the relevance, timelessness and depth of faith in Dante’s masterpiece: “The Divine Comedy”.
• Today Pope Francis called for responsibility and care in the use of “sister water”, pointing out that, still today, “access to safe, drinkable water is not within everybody’s reach” , that it is not a “commodity”, and that we need to make haste “to give drink to the thirsty.”
• The Catholic News Agency has published an uplifting article on its website today about a drug addict who slept on a bench at Medjugorje for three days before he awoke one morning to experience an inner peace he hadn’t felt since he was a child, and which he describes as a ‘mini conversion. Afterwards, in 2002, he joined the Cenacolo Community and now he and his wife are blessed with 12 children. Full story at this link.
February 25, 2021
A favourable time to make room for God
• “Lent is a favourable time to make room for the Word of God. It is the time to switch off the television and open the Bible... Lent is a desert. It is a time to give up something, to distance ourselves from mobiles and connect to the Gospel. It is the time to give up useless words, gossip and slander and to talk to and be informal with the Lord. It is the time to dedicate ourselves to a healthy ecology of the heart, to cleanse it.”
Pope Francis, February 26, 2020
February 17, 2021
Turning to the Cross of Christ
• “No matter how often we stumble, we can always turn to the Cross of Christ and contemplate in his wounds our own shortcomings and emptiness. By kissing those wounds, we will come to realise that there, in life’s most painful wounds, God awaits us with his infinite mercy.”
Pope Francis, February 17, 2021
February 17, 2021
An Ash Wednesday message
• Dear children! Also today I am with you and I, again, call all of you to come closer to me through your prayers. In a special way, I call you to renunciation in this time of grace. Little children, meditate on and live, through your little sacrifices, the passion and death of Jesus for each of you. Only if you come closer to Jesus will you comprehend the immeasurable love he has for each of you. Through prayer and your renunciation you will become more open to the gift of faith and love towards the Church and the people who are around you. I love you and bless you. Thank you for having responded to my call.
Ash Wednesday, February 25, 1998
February 10, 2021
Another setback for pilgrimages
• The recent announcement by the UK government restricting holiday travel for UK nationals and introducing quarantine measures is not good news for Medjugorje and its people dependent on the business of pilgrimages.
It was anticipated that 2021, the 40th anniversary of the Medjugorje phenomenon, would encourage a record number of visitors, but the lingering COVID pandemic continues to disrupt the best laid plans and expectations of a return to normality and the business of pilgrimage.
When will it all end? God knows.
January 31, 2021
Martyrs and the message of New Evangelisation
• Dear children! Today I invite you to comprehend your Christian vocation. Little children, I led and am leading you through this time of grace, that you may become conscious of your Christian vocation. Holy martyrs died witnessing: I am a Christian and love God over everything. Little children, today also I invite you to rejoice and be joyful Christians, responsible and conscious that God called you in a special way to be joyfully extended hands toward those who do not believe, and that through the example of your life, they may receive faith and love for God. Therefore, pray, pray, pray that your heart may open and be sensitive for the Word of God. Thank you for having responded to my call. Medjugorje message, November 25, 1997
• A martyr is someone who, in every situation remains absolutely clear about who he is, and in every situation loves God above everything else, even his own life. These are the men and women throughout all of history who carried the faith forward and also those through whom the Church kept living or who keep renewing the Church. And when we now think about the Catholic Church we will also realise that it, just as Jesus said, has become a small herd. This, because many people have lost their awareness about themselves being Christians, and they no longer know what this really means. So it is justifiable when the Pope John Paul II wants us to take part in the New Evangelisation, so that we again become aware of who we really are. Certainly Medjugorje has, through the grace of God, and Mary’s presence here helped many make that first step in this renewed awareness.
• Fr Savko Barbaric OFM
January 11, 2021
A prophetic message from Medjugorje?
• With regard to recent events at the United States Capitol could the message and call of Our Lady, given through the Medjugorje seer Marija Pavlovic-Lunetti a little over two months ago, be pondered and taken to heart in a prophetic light?
Dear children, At this time, I am calling you to return to God and to prayer. Invoke the help of all the saints, for them to be an example and a help to you. Satan is strong and is fighting to draw all the more hearts to himself. He wants war and hatred. That is why I am with you for this long, to lead you to the way of salvation, to Him who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Little children, return to the love for God and He will be your strength and refuge. Thank you for having responded to my call. Medjugorje message, October 25, 2020
January 4, 2021
A New Time to decide
• Considering quitting smoking, consuming less alcohol, dieting, or any of the many resolutions that top the lists at this time of year?
New Year Resolutions – promises made to be broken, as someone once said. But just why is it that so many people consider changing the way they live when January 1 comes around? Read more at this link
December 31, 2020
The Lord’s perpetual promise
• The Lord says this: I am going to look after my flock myself and keep all of it in view. As a shepherd keeps all his flock in view when he stands up in the middle of his scattered sheep, so shall I keep my sheep in view. I shall rescue them from wherever they have been scattered during the mist and darkness. I shall bring them out of the countries where they are; I shall gather them together from foreign countries and bring them back to their own land. I myself will pasture my sheep, I myself will show them where to rest – it is the Lord who speaks. I shall look for the lost one, bring back the stray, bandage the wounded and make the weak strong. I shall watch over the fat and healthy. I shall be a true shepherd to them. Ezekiel 34 : 11-13, 15-16
December 25, 2020
Annual apparition to visionary Jakov Colo
• At the last daily apparition to Jakov Colo on September 12th, 1998, Our Lady told him that henceforth he would have one apparition a year, every December 25th, on Christmas Day. This is also how it was this year. Through Jakov, Our Lady gave the following message:
“Dear children, Also today Jesus is here beside you, even when you think that you are alone and that light does not exist in your life. He is here and has never left you or distanced himself from you. The light of his birth illuminates this world and your life. His heart is always open towards you, to receive your every pain, every trial, fear and need. His arms are extended towards you, that as a father he may embrace you and tell you how important you are for him, how much he loves you and cares for his children. Children, is your heart open towards Jesus? Have you completely surrendered your life into his hands? Have you accepted Jesus as your father, to whom you can always turn and in him find consolation and everything you need to live true faith? That is why, my children, surrender your hearts to Jesus and permit him to begin to rule your lives, because only in this way, will you accept the present and be able to face the world in which you live today. With Jesus, every fear, suffering and pain disappear, because your heart accepts his will and everything that comes into your life. Jesus will give you the faith to accept everything and nothing will distance you from him – because he firmly holds you by the hand and does not permit for you to distance and lose yourselves in difficult moments – because he has become the Lord of your life. I bless you with my motherly blessing.”
December 21, 2020
Pray a Holy Soul home for Christmas
• Not everyone will be be able to enjoy this Christmas at home with loved ones because of travel restrictions imposed to prevent the spread of the corinavirus infection. However, on a more positive note the Medjugorje seer Mirjana Dragicevic-Soldo said in 1983 Our Lady had informed her that many souls are released from Purgatory on All Saints Day, but most souls are taken into Heaven on Christmas Day.
December 18, 2020
A Christmas message from Ivan and his family
• “Our lives have been changed since the temporary darkness of this storm has entered the Church and the world. Life seems complicated and uncertain; our hearts are restless. Many feel anxious and frightened. We seek clarity; we seek light; we seek true peace. Now more than ever, our Mother’s voice is being heard. Our Lady is the new voice calling out in the desert: ‘Do not be afraid of the storm! It is more important to prepare your hearts for the Lord! Live in hope!’” Read the full message at this link.
December 18, 2020
8th International Spiritual Retreat for Life
At Medjugorje, from May 5 - 8, 2021
Retreat theme: “What good must I do?”(Matthew 19, 16)
• With the Mother of Life this seminar is intended for doctors and medical staff, for those who defend life. It is a prayer for those who have lost a child; for those who have been wounded by abortion or miscarriage; for spouses who long for a child; for pro-life activists; for victims of domestic violence; single parents; and pregnant women.
December 17, 2020
Testimony of David Parkes
• Medjugorje’s official website has published the powerful testimony of David Parkes who was blessed with both a physical and spiritual healing at the shrine. David is a well-known figure at Medjugorje working as the ground handler for the Irish tour operator Marian Pilgrimages. You can read David’s full testimony at this link.
December 16, 2020
Slaven Bilic dismissed by West Bromwich Albion
• Croatian football coach Slaven Bilic, and no stranger to Medjugorje, was dismissed this morning from his coaching and managerial role of West Bromwich Albion football club. The team are currently second from the bottom of the English Premier League. Bilic joined Albion 18 months ago. He once said of Medjuorje, “I come here to pray and to fill my soul and my family’s soul with peace. Medugorje means a lot to us in that regard.”
December 16, 2020
Tennis star Ivan Dodig supports Mary’s Meals
• “I am a tennis player, a proud father, and a husband. By supporting Mary’s Meals, I can stand in solidarity with parents that are struggling to feed their own children or give them the opportunity to reach their potential. I want to raise awareness of this beautiful mission and encourage others to get involved to offer these families a brighter future.” – More on this story at Mary’s Meals.
December 15, 2020
No outdoor crib display this Christmas
• There will be no outdoor crib display or Nativity performance at Medjugorje this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The stable, crib, and scenery is normally constructed by the Cenacolo Community whose members also re-enact the Nativity.
December 15, 2020
Medjugorje Forum is up and running again
• After a three-week absence because of technical issues, the popular Medjugorje Forum is up and running again under the banner of Medjugorje Live. You can access the Forum via this link.
December 15, 2020
Pandemic inspires new business venture
• For the present time the UK travel company Aglow Pilgrimages has ‘mothballed’ its business. That’s according to managing director Jonathan Baylis who set up the company seven years ago to organise pilgrimages to Medjugorje. In the meantime he has started a backup business supplying bulk firewood to people in the UK, called LogsNearMe.co.uk – and already it seems that his new venture is deemed for success. More on this story here.